Amazon sellers and influencers can even use the Telegram app in various ways to enhance their communication, marketing, and promotional efforts. Think about it—what better way to create an immediate line of communication with followers or customers than via a channel where you can regularly send the latest and greatest products and promotions?
Once you’ve directed your loyal base to your Telegram channel of Amazon deals from your storefront or social media platforms, you’re golden! As long as people have joined your group, they’re able to receive your updates in real time, click those Amazon links, and voila! Add the product(s) to their cart and purchase right away, and watch your commissions pour in!
Or will they? See, there is a major dilemma that interferes with the maximization of your sales and commission, and it has everything to do with those Amazon affiliate (or regular!) links that you’re sharing on Telegram. When Telegram users click on those links from the smartphone app, they aren’t—as would be expected—sent to the Amazon app. Annoyingly, they’re stuck in the current app they’re in, which negatively impacts your sales. Like seriously impacts them.
In this post, we’re going to show you how URLgenius can help you solve this problem with a little something called a mobile app deep link (also known as a mobile app URL!)—we’re even throwing in a step-by-step tutorial on how to do exactly that.
Why are my Amazon links in Telegram not opening the Amazon app?
So, what’s the issue? Why are these Amazon links just not working as they (presumably) should?
Here’s the thing—this isn’t Telegram’s fault. In fact, this is a common occurrence across nearly every app, and it’s something we know as the “walled garden.”.
The walled garden refers to the event in which clicking on an (in this case, Amazon) link within an app—such as Telegram—does not take you to the Amazon app, but instead sends you to the Amazon login page, still within the Telegram app. You’re stuck within the “walls” of the host app, which is trying its best to keep you in for as long as it can.
Okay, so what does this ultimately mean for you? It means that anyone interested in visiting your Amazon page and possibly clicking the “like” or “follow” button is most likely to abandon their journey. Think about it— most of us stay logged in to our various social media apps for years before needing to change our passwords or log back in.
A few moments of inconvenience in the go-go-go nature of one’s average day are enough to make a person close out of the app altogether. And as we mentioned before, this ultimately means lost engagement, followers, likes, and revenue over time.
Alright—now we’re going to dive into solving your faulty Amazon link problem with URLgenius' trusted and patented deep links!
Learn more about what we mean when we talk about mobile app deep linking in this informational YouTube video!
How to Increase Engagement With Amazon App Links
The key to connecting all of your followers to your brand on all channels is via Amazon deep links (also known as Amazon app links or Amazon mobile app URLs) and in this particular case, Amazon app deep links. These are special links that have the ability to do app-to-app linking.
When you replace your regular Amazon page link with the URLgenius deep link across all of your social platforms, you'll link to the profile in the Amazon app and securely jump right over that web login.
You are essentially maximizing all potential referral traffic to your Amazon page. This means that more people will be following you, liking and commenting on your posts, actively staying up-to-date on your brand, and solidifying your business.
URLgenius deep links work to get rid of the friction between apps, making it easier for you to smoothly connect all of your social media marketing efforts.
And guess what? It gets better. No SDK or any technical resources are needed—our geniuses have simplified the process down to 1-2-3. Here's how to quickly create an Amazon app deep link for your social campaigns.
Step-By-Step: How to Generate an Affiliate Mobile App URL to Open the Amazon App From the Telegram App
At URLgenius, we’ve perfected the process of creating an Amazon app deep link. Easy. You don’t need any technical resources, and there's nothing to install!
URLgenius is the only verified Amazon Ads partner that can pass Amazon Attribution tags (seller or affiliate) in-app from social media, all without SDKs. You can follow these steps and update your campaign links right now. Open another tab in your browser and follow along.
First, create your affiliate link like you normally would and enter that link into URLgenius. If you enter the link without your affiliate tags, Amazon cannot measure your commission!.
The Amazon icon is highlighted, which tells you that URLgenius understands the type of link you pasted. You can customize the end of the link to match your campaign to make it easy to find later.
Click 'Compose,” which takes you to the settings page for your Amazon app deep link. You can copy it and place it into your Telegram post. Test the behavior of the link by scanning the QR code or emailing it.
Note the different features on the settings page. Contact us if you'd like a demo of all the different features.
Pro Tip: Your app deep link will look like this example, but you can use your brand's domain for all your app deep links. This helps you extend your brand name and inspire trust in the link. Watch this step-by-step video on how to brand your app links.
QR Codes to Open the Amazon App
Create QR codes for products on Amazon and other e-commerce marketplaces, for use online or offline! Use them in posters, displays, events, tradeshows, and giveaway promotions.
If someone scans and buys, you'll get the commission! Just click on 'QR Design Studio' to customize and download your QR code for Amazon.
Amazon App Deep Analytics
You'll view your commission and Amazon traffic just like you do today; that doesn't change, but URLgenius will also give you some basic reporting that you can use to understand the direction of your campaign.
At a glance, URLgenius will give you insight into how many times the app opened and if your audience has an iOS or Android device.
In addition to seeing the number of app opens, you're able to see insights into referring URLs and apps when they are available, as well as the city from which your audience is clicking.
App deep linking to marketplace apps like Amazon is a great way to maximize your commissions, but you can also use URLgenius links in other channels like SMS and email.
The concept applies not only to Facebook, but to other social apps like Instagram or shopping apps like Amazon and eBay (or any other app).
Start Generating Amazon Affiliate Mobile App Deep Links and Multiply Your Commissions!
More in-app engagement, more $$$—need we say more? It’s time to maximize your social media promotions with app deep links.
At URLgenius, we're here to help! Contact us for a demo or with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Amazon app deep links and QR codes.
If you found this post helpful, check out our other popular how-to posts for affiliate app deep linking:
- How to Generate Mobile App Links That Open Social Media and E-Commerce Apps from Linktree
- How Influencers Can Generate Mobile App Links to Open the Amazon App from the Threads App
- How to Generate Mobile App Links That Open Social Media and E-Commerce Apps from Linktree
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 200 to 400% from Social Media
- Amazon Attribution Case Study: How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466% with URLgenius App Deep Linking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution Tools to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking and QR Codes
- Fat Kid Deals Multiplies Commissions by 300% with URLgenius Instant App Linking
- Influencer Q&A: Alaina Kirsch Increases Amazon Commissions 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How Karla at The Frugal Sahm Earned 300% More Commissions on Prime Day
- Influencer Q&A: Lovely Lucky Life Instantly Doubles Commissions With App Deep Links
- Amazon Influencer Lexie Tucker Sees Gold in URLgenius Reporting While Doubling Commissions
- Influencer Q&A: Sweet Deal Canada Increases Amazon Commissions By 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How Savannah Kay Designs Multiplied Commissions 400% With App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: Tara Thueson Increases Prime Day Commissions By 9x with App Deep Links