YouTube product influencers are now a strategic part of growth marketplace selling. As you get your influencers in place and ready to sell, the question becomes: How do you make them even more successful? Well, there is a secret that many people are just now catching on to that helps sellers, influencers, and associates link from app-to-app (i.e. from YouTube to Amazon) that can dramatically increase conversion. No worries, we'll tell you all about that in just a moment.
First, consider the incredible growth of social media influencers, and how they are fundamentally changing the e-commerce landscape when it comes to product trial, discovery, and consideration. E-commerce teams are now leveraging influencers up and down the funnel with specific videos that advertise brands, products, features, and promotions— without feeling like an advertisement. For most brands, the simplest way to tap into this mode of advertising is through an established and trusted influencer with thousands or millions of followers.
Additionally, let's consider
- The Influencer Marketing Industry is set to grow to approximately $16.4 Billion in 2022
- Influencer Marketing focused platforms raised more than $800M in funding in 2021 alone
- The global number of Influencer Marketing related service offerings grew by 26% in 2021
Influencers are using a number of different outlets to recommend products, platforms which include Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and even Amazon itself (with their Amazon Associates platform).
YouTube, however, is still the top dog for product information.
If you’re just getting started with influencer marketing, and are in doubt about YouTube’s relevance (especially since TikTok seems to be the most popular video platform of the moment), here’s a statistic for you— YouTube has over 2 billion users who watch upward of 5 billion videos a day. We rest our case.
Most YouTube videos, of course, are viewed with a smartphone. It follows then that after watching an influencer sing the praises of your brand, that the consumer— wanting to learn more or make a purchase at that very moment— clicks on the Amazon link for your product or store found in the description of the video.
So, what happens next?
Instead of opening the Amazon app to the screen where a purchase can be made with one click, they’re sent to the Amazon web login within the YouTube embedded web browser. And guess what— most people abandon their shopping journey.
This phenemenon is called the walled garden effect.
3 Ways the Walled Garden Hurts Your Sales
Picture this: an influencer is promoting a pair of shoes that you’re interested in via a YouTube video that has been featured on your YouTube home page because the algorithm has deemed it relevant to you and your shopping habits.
Awesome! You tap on the video, and yup— you’re impressed and ready to purchase a pair of these amazing shoes. They’re being sold on amazon, and the link is in the video description as indicated by the influencer. You tap on the Amazon link and you’re sent to— oh no. You’ve been sent to the Amazon login page.
Shoot. What’s my Amazon password again? Is it click clack this? No. Okay, how about clickity clack? Dang! No. Ugh never mind, I’ll figure it out later.
See how you abandoned your shopping journey so quickly? That’s exactly what happens when customers hit that walled garden. And ultimately, your conversion rates take a major hit. It gets worse.
In fact, there are three ways the walled garden hurts your Amazon sales:
1. Lower conversion: Losing the sale from anyone that wanted to buy your product at that moment or even if your shopper jumped over to the Amazon app themselves and try to find your product your campaign would not get credit.
2. Lower funnel contribution: Let's say someone did click and hit the login button and decided but were not intending to buy just yet. Oh well, no loss right? Wrong. If the linkhad opened the app to the right screen your Amazon Attribution measurement tags would be passed anyway, Amazon could have put that shopper in your marketing funnel to target later. Amazon reporting measures how many people viewed certain products or number of times certain products were added to their shopping cart but when the app doesn't open you you lose all that engagement data and funnel contribution.
3. Lower product rankings: Hitting the Amazon web login also decrease your sales velocity and engagement. This is not viewed favorably by the Amazon algorithm, so your product rankings will ultimately be suppressed!
It's a triple whammy! The good news is that URLgenius has the solution for you.
Increase and Measure a 4x Increase in Revenue
So, how do you securely jump over that walled garden with a link that takes you from the YouTube app to the correct screen in the Amazon app? Even more, how do you measure the increase in sales and the growth of your influencer program at the link and influencer level?
You simply need to add some additional app deep linking functionality to the Amazon link by updating it with URLgenius, and you can include your Amazon Attribution or Amazon Associate measurement tags. URLgenius is the Amazon deep linking option for marketers and the best alternative to app deep linking via SDKs.
Amazon sellers and affiliates are seeing 2x, 3x, and even 4x increases in sales. Plus, not only will you see an immediate spike in revenue from your YouTube influencers, but anyone who clicks on your Amazon links and doesn't purchase in that session is automatically added to your Amazon funnel for remarketing. This boost in 'off-Amazon' sales velocity will also increase your product rankings!
Pro tip: Use your brand's domain for your URLgenius deep links for Amazon. When deep linking from YouTube directly to the Amazon app using your brand's domain, it allows you to extend your brand to the app deep link when sending your customers from app-to-app creating higher click confidence.
Beyond that, do you know what the best part is? There is no SDK or any technical resources involved (one less thing your technical team needs to worrry about!). Here's how to quickly create an Amazon app deep link for your campaign.
Step-By-Step: How To Deep Link into the Amazon App from the Youtube App
The beauty of the URLgenius deep linking platform is how easy we make it for you— the seller, affiliate, influencer, or content producer (anyone!) to create app deep links to marketplaces to place in any marketing channel or campaign. Direct your audience to exactly where you want them to be in the app for iOS or Android depending on the device clicking— in this case, your brand's store or product in the Amazon app.
URLgenius is the only verified Amazon Ads partner that can pass Amazon Attribution measurement tags without SDKs. Follow these steps and update your campaign links today.
Pro tip: These are the steps to create a single link. If you need to create links programmatically for an advertising data feed, URLgenius offers access to an API.
The first thing you need to do is to navigate to the Amazon page and copy the link from the address bar of your browser.
You only need the core links— you can remove any navigation tags that may have been added as you searched for the right Amazon link to make sure they don't interfere with opening the app.
Paste the link into the box provided on the URLgenius home page. When pasting the link, notice the Amazon icon is highlighted— this tells you that URLgenius understands the link you entered.
You can customize the end of the link to match your campaign to make it easy to find later. If not needed, just use the pre-populated random characters.
Click the “Compose” which takes you to the settings page for your Amazon app deep link, where you can copy and place it into your Instagram ad.
To test the behavior of the link, scan the QR code or email it.
Notice that there are advanced features on the settings page— this is also where you can see clicks and the number of app-opens. You can also enable Amazon Attribution tags on the link so you can measure how much revenue is being driven by your YouTube campaign and your URLgenius app deep link.
Measurement pro tip for Amazon sellers: If you are already enrolled in the Amazon Attribution program, you can authenticate your Amazon account in the settings for your URLgenius account. Once you do that, URLgenius can automatically append Amazon Attribution measurement tags when you create your deep link. Currently, this feature is supported for store and product details pages. For other types of pages, create your Amazon link in the Amazon Ads console and include the measurement tags when you create your URLgenius link. Then in the Amazon Ads console you can see the results attributed to that URLgenius link!
Measurement pro tip for Amazon Associates and Influencers: Amazon provides a link generator for Amazon Associates that lets them update links and append their affiliate tags which enable tracking for commissions. Generate your affiliate link in the Amazon affiliate system then update that link with URLgenius. You do not need to include navigational tags or search tags. Check out this URLgenius case study where the Affiliate tripled sales compared to regular Amazon product links. Always use URLgenius when promoting affiliate links in non-Amazon channels.
Contact us if you need help setting up your Amazon links.
QR Codes for the Amazon App
Doing a multi-channel campaign in coordination with your Instagram ad? Lucky for you, every URLgenius app deep link also has a corresponding QR code.
Create a branded app deep link and custom QR code to use online or offline to promote your Amazon store and product listings. Use them in posters, retail displays, tradeshows, and giveaway promotions. Just click on 'QR Settings' to find and download your code.
URLgenius will track scans and clicks separately and you can append tags for tracking in ways that won't disrupt scanning (including too many tags and appending them the wrong way is a common 'QR code fail!'). Make sure to contact us for expert QR code guidance. We can even create an unlimited number of personalized QR codes and send them directly to your printer!
URLgenius is the Deep Link Between YouTube Influencer Marketing and Amazon Success
If you're an Amazon Seller, Influencer, or Associate; and you're not selling via YouTube videos with Amazon app deep links, we urge you to start today— you could be missing a significant number of sales and remarketing opportunities!
If you're an influencer, and the brands you're working with are not using URLgenius, send them this post and tell them they could increase sales by 2x, 3x, or even 4x!
We are always here to help you with your campaigns! Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Amazon marketing and deep links.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our latest how-to posts for deep link app marketing:
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 200 to 400% from Social Media
- Amazon Attribution Case Study: How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466% with URLgenius App Deep Linking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution Tools to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking and QR Codes
- How to Generate a Link to Open a Specific Post in the Facebook App
- Ready for Takeoff: Dynamic App Linking into Marketplace Apps from Social Media
- How Influencers Can Generate LTK RStyle App Deep Links to Open Retail Apps from Social Media
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Snapchat Ads and Stories
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from YouTube Ads and Videos
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from TikTok Ads and Profiles
- How to Generate Mobile App Links for Instagram Ads, Stories, and Profiles That Directly Open Your App
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Facebook Advertising
- How To Generate a Snapchat QR Code To Direct To Your Profile in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic YouTube QR Code To Open in the App
- How To Generate App Deep Links To Instagram Posts, Reels, Pictures and Hashtags
- How to Generate App-To-App Deep Links for Instagram Hashtags #hashtagmarketing
- How To Generate a Facebook Deep Link That Opens in the App
- How to Generate a Link to Open the Mercado Libre App from Social Media Apps
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- Facebook Advertising for Walmart Marketplace: How To Deep Link from App to App
- How to Generate a Deeplink to Open the YouTube App from the Instagram App to Increase Subscribers
- TikTok Advertising: Generate a Custom TikTok QR Code for Your Brand
- How To Generate Your Own Instagram QR Code - How to Generate a QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How to Generate YouTube Mobile App Links That Open in the App
- How to Generate App Deep Links that Open Instagram App for iOS and Android