Okay fine, we know we just stated the obvious, but it’s hard not to acknowledge such a feat! And whether you’re an Amazon seller, marketer, or influencer, you know just how vast the opportunities are for all kinds of businesses— large, small, and everything in between.
With that being said, the accessibility with which one can set up a storefront via Amazon Marketplace means that there is a lot of competition that you ultimately have to contend with. Whether you sell all-natural soap or organic protein powder, it’s almost a guarantee that someone else is selling something similar.
So apart from having really good product rankings for on-site searches (social advertising can help with that) how else can you send customers directly and instantly to your storefront or product listing(s)?
The answer in two words: QR codes.
Not only are QR codes the norm in person and online these days (at every conceivable touchpoint, really!), but they are also easy to make, customize, and control if you have the right Amazon QR code generator.
So, what else can you do with QR codes for Amazon? For one, you can maximize your overall Amazon advertising and marketing strategy.
Think about it— how convenient would it be for your customers to scan your custom Amazon QR code (whether it’s on your packaging, video ad, business card, etc.) for your shop, product, wishlist, or registry—and be sent directly to the right page in the Amazon app? It would sure make it easier than doing a Google or Amazon search for your brand or each individual product.
Now let’s dive in deeper about how Amazon QR codes can drive more sales for your business— and if you keep reading, we'll show you the easy step-by-step process of creating them!
How a Dynamic Amazon QR Code for Your Shop or Product Can Drive More Traffic To Your Amazon Business
To start, it's helpful to consider five important capabilities your Amazon QR codes should have. Don't get fooled by those free QR code generators floating out there, that simply don't have these features (and only send your shoppers to the Amazon website login— which is just frustrating for shoppers!).
- First, make sure your QR code can open the app itself, not just the website
- Second, make sure you create Amazon QR codes that are dynamic
- Third, make sure you can control the density (related to scanning distance)
- Fourth, if you have a website, use your domain for the link behind the code
- Fifth, make sure you can track scans and attribute them to sales
Pro Tip: Your shoppers may not be familiar with the URLgenius domain. You can use your brand's domain for your URLgenius app deep links for Amazon. This helps you extend your brand name to the link and establish increased trust when deep linking from Facebook directly to the Amazon app.
A dynamic QR code is different from a regular QR code in that you— as the seller or marketer— can control the exact destination of the scan. When you create an Amazon product QR code, the destination is dynamic in that it can be changed to any other designated product page—even after it's been printed and distributed.
Controlling the destination of your Amazon QR codes is helpful for time-based, seasonal, and other types of promotions. Plus, you may simply want to use your dynamic QR code to direct traffic to different stores, products, or wishlists over time.
So, if circumstances arise that require you to adjust the QR code after it's printed— such as a change in the product name— dynamic QR codes easily let you update the destination in the settings for the code, even after it's printed!
Meaning you'll never have to go back and reprint a new Amazon QR code.
Creating and placing an easily scannable QR code for your Amazon product on different media makes your customer's shopping journey simple, convenient, straightforward, and ultimately time-saving. After all, most of us are on the go in our day-to-day lives, which means it's absolutely essential that you offer your customers a way to find and purchase your product in a mobile moment.
This all sounds awesome, right? Here at URLgenius, we are all about making our dynamic Amazon QR code generator a simple— yet powerful— platform for you to ensure the success of your business. Let’s get started on the step-by-step tutorial!
Step-by-Step: How To Make a QR Code for Your Amazon Store or Product Details Page
Creating an Amazon QR Code? Easy. At URLgenius, we’ve perfected the process— you don’t need any technical resources and there's nothing to install. In addition, URLgenius is the only verified Amazon Ads partner that can pass Amazon Attribution measurement tags in-app from QR codes without SDKs. Follow these steps and update in minutes!
- Sign up for URLgenius
- Enter your Amazon link into the box on the homepage
- After you enter the link, you'll notice that the Amazon app icon is highlighted. This tells you that URLgenius understood the link you entered for your QR code
In the screenshot below we're creating a QR code that'll direct customers to Yankee Candle's Amazon Storefront:
- The link you're creating will be seen by your visitors when they scan the QR code
- You can also use your brand's domain for the link (which is recommended)
- Also note you can customize the end of the link— this is helpful for finding your QR analytics in the URLgenius dashboard
- In this example, we've customized it to be 'holiday-campaign'
- Now click the “Compose” button to create your QR code
- Click the tab called 'QR Settings to download your QR code
- You can upload your brand's logo or change the colors of the QR code (beware that changing the design of the QR code can affect the ability to scan). (Contact us with any questions— this'll help you avoid any type of 'QR code fail!')
Pro Tip: You can create a QR code that opens other page types in the Amazon app. Create a QR code that opens to a category or your favorite product review. Think about specific Amazon App QR codes relative to your marketing objectives.
How To Use Your QR Code for Your Amazon Marketing Strategy
Making sure you place your dynamic QR codes in optimal locations is key to ensuring the success of your Amazon marketing strategy! Read on for different ways to place your QR code.
This is an easy one. Let's say your customer opens up their package, and is immediately satisfied with the product they've received. They're likely going to want to reorder the same product right then and there. Well, you've made it easy for them. All the customer needs to do is scan the QR code to be taken directly into the desired product page within the Amazon app.
YouTube or TikTok Product Videos
Imagine you've offered a great tutorial as to how your product can be used via an awesome video advertisement. Once again, you've convinced a customer to seek out your product and buy it.
But how about they don't seek it out? How about they scan the QR code you've provided on the screen, allowing them to easily add your product into their Amazon shopping cart and click the purchase button? Sounds like a major advertising win to us!
You've got a booth at a trade show. You're talking up your product(s) to potential customers, and guess what? You've captured their attention. They're ready to go into their Amazon app to search for your product.
Well, how about you take the 'search' out of the equation? Place your QR code on your display (or business card!) to make their shopping journey as easy as possible in real-time!
Amazon QR Code Best Practices
QR codes are easy to create, but it's easy to get something wrong that'll ultimately make the code unscannable. Whether you're using the code for television, print, email, packaging, or retail displays; all QR codes need to be optimized for design, size, density, channel, and placement.
Make sure to check out our QR Experience Playbook and QR Code Strategy Guide to learn more about the common mistakes and what to consider relatively to apps, websites, and QR analytics.
Also, if you need to create thousands of personalized QR codes for Amazon or any other app, URLgenius has an API. We can even create them for you and send them directly to the printer! We are QR code experts (ahem, geniuses you might say)**— so don't hesitate to contact us for advice.
Amazon QR Code Analytics
You can log in to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand how often your QR code is being scanned. URLgenius will track scans separately from clicks. This is helpful when both the QR code and the link are in a multi-channel campaign.
Tracking scans is a great way to enhance your first-party data over time as you increase your understanding of how customers and prospects choose to engage with your brand.
- The following chart shows the number of Facebook app-opens by platform and device. The app-open rate tells you what percentage of people who scanned had the Facebook app installed for iOS and Android.
- This chart shows scans by city and separately by language preference. These insights are anonymous and help you confirm the focus of your campaign geographically and by language.
- Check your spending during the month at any time by clicking 'Settings.'
- Remember—there is a one-hour delay in reporting!
URLgenius Is Here To Help You Increase Your Amazon Product Traffic and Sales
You invested a lot of time and energy in building your brand and products, so doesn’t it make sense that you give yourself a leg up over your competition when it comes to being found by potential customers?
We are always here to help you with your advertising campaigns! Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Amazon marketing QR codes and deep links.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our latest how-to posts for QR code app marketing:
- How To Create a Dynamic Phone Number QR Code for Scan To Call Service
- How to Create Dynamic QR Codes for Your SMS Marketing Strategy
- How to Create Dynamic QR Codes for Your Email Marketing Strategy
- Amazon Marketing: How To Increase Sales on Amazon With Amazon Linking & Dynamic QR Codes
- How To Increase Retail & E-Commerce Sales With Dynamic QR Codes
- How to Make and Use Dynamic QR Codes for Insurance and Finance Companies
- How to Make and Use Dynamic QR Codes for Insurance and Finance Companies
- How to Create a Dynamic QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How to Create Dynamic QR Codes that Open Healthcare Apps and Increase Patient Engagement
- URLgenius Is Your Passport To Multi-Language QR Codes