Makes sense right? It’s a basic numbers game—maximizing exposure across all possible channels equals maximizing sales and remarketing opportunities. To make that shopping journey to the Amazon app a branded experience, you can create a special mobile app URL for Amazon Affiliates with your brand's domain that will open the Amazon app to the right shop, store, or product screen while falling back to the Amazon website if the app is not installed. We'll show you how in a moment.
First, let's consider the Amazon app and website in relation to off-site campaigns and branding your links.
Check out this brief video about branded app links for marketplaces.
Branded Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates and the Walled Garden
But if you've read some of our other blog posts, you already know that regular Amazon links usually send shoppers to the web login page, even if the app is already installed. This hurts sales, remarketing opportunities, and even your product rankings.
This is called the 'walled garden'. It's no fault of Amazon, but rather an industry-wide challenge, and it's important to fix this issue in order to maximize conversion and fill your remarketing funnel. If you use another platform to simply brand the regular Amazon links for your shop, store, or products, and use those in your off-site campaigns, you're still sending traffic to the Amazon web login. That's why it's important to always use URLgenius special Amazon app URLs when branding your Amazon links.
You can use URLgenius to instantly update your Amazon links so they can open the app because there's nothing to install and using the branded link feature is easy to enable (step-by-step below). Remember, not only will your branded URLgenius links for Amazon increase sales by opening the app but anyone that does not buy in that click session goes into your remarketing funnel. To measure the success of your campaigns, simply include your Amazon Associate tags on your links or your Amazon Attribution tags if you're a seller.
Now, back to branding your Amazon links!
Apart from making sure your links can open the Amazon app, another way to ensure your off-site Amazon marketing strategy lives up to its full potential is by branding your Amazon links (i.e. your URLgenius links for Amazon). It's ok to use the URLgenius domain, but you'll get a better click-through rate if you use your brand's domain because your audience may not be familiar with URLgenius. For example, if I'm an influencer or an Amazon seller I wanted to promote this product link:
I would just enter that link into the URLgenius homepage to compose an Amazon app deep link, which would look something like this—and notice we customized the end to align with this particular campaign:
If you used your brand's domain for the same link it would look like this instead:
Just follow these step-by-step instructions to brand your Amazon links. IF you're still not convinced this is worth your time, check out this video testimonial from an Amazon influencer that saw a 3oo% increase in sales and commissions!
Step-by-Step: How to Get Amazon Affiliate Mobile App URLs That Open the Amazon App
If you don't have a URLgenius account yet simply sign up. You can try updating your Amazon mobile app URL by entering a link in the box on the home page. You can create links before or after you turn the branding feature on. Once your branded domain is turned on, all the links in your account will use your domain (the URLgenius format will also still work).
- To turn on branding, click 'Settings' from the URLgenius menu
- Click the 'URL Branding' tab
- You'll see this form to fill out:
- Choose a word like 'shop', 'buy', or 'links' and enter it in the 'Subdomain'
- Enter the name of your main domain in the 'Domain' filed
- Your Top-Level Domain (TLD) is the suffix for your website, such as com or net
- URLgenius shows you a preview of the link structure based on what you entered
- Then click the button 'Start the URL Branding Process'
Steps for Your Web Team or Hosting Provider
There is one more step that your web team or website hosting provider needs to do, and that is called setting up a CName Record and pointing the word for your subdomain to URLgenius. This only takes a minute and they'll know what you're talking about. Just send them these steps:
- Create a CName record and point the word for your subdomain to >> brand.urlgeni.us
- Tell your team or hosting provider you don't need an 'A' record
- Make sure the record is set to DNS not Proxied
Once that's in place we'll check it and turn on your domain to brand your links
2x-4x Higher Sales with Branded URLgenius App DeepLinks for Amazon
Now you might be wondering, “What difference would a branded link make, anyway?”
Sure, fair question. Well, think about it this way: Do you sometimes hesitate if you see a domain that's unfamiliar to you? If you as a customer click on an Amazon link behind a social ad, would you think twice if you saw a strange domain? Increasing trust, however, is not the only reason to generate a branded Amazon link to open the app. It's all about profit and conversion!
Let's just look at the basic math.
Amazon sellers, influencers, and associates are seeing anywhere from 2x-4x higher sales when using branded URLgenius links for Amazon. Check out this URLgenius case study written by a customer or this case study about a direct-to-consumer manufacturer.
When using your own brand’s domain name, you inspire credibility and trust in your links, which improves the click-through rate (which will thus improve sales, remarketing opportunities, and so on and so forth). This ultimately creates a seamless self-reinforcing system, with the Amazon app regardless of the off-site channel. (And just to iterate—if the customer at hand does not happen to have the Amazon app installed on their smartphone, they’ll be taken to the Amazon website, instead.)
Additionally, let’s say that your domain has been experiencing SEO success—did you know that using your unique, branded link will help you leverage that success even further? It’s true. By using your brand's domain, you are leveraging your domain’s authority when running search and social ads.
Oh, and a word of caution—not all branded link generator platforms are equal. In fact, you'll be happy to know that URLgenius has state-of-the-art, patented technology, and is the only verified Amazon Partner that can link to open the Amazon app from 'off-site' campaigns while passing attribution tags (sellers or associates).
So beware of low-cost or free app-deep linking solution providers or “alternatives to URLgenius” which we dare is a very bold claim indeed!).
The Preferred App Deep Linking Platform for Amazon Sellers, Influencers, and Associates
If your Amazon sales need a boost and you're thinking about 'off-site' campaigns to increase sales, we're here to help. We can get your links set up the same day that you sign up for the platform. URL branding can also be in place the same day so that you can start your campaigns immediately.
We are always here to help you with your Amazon campaigns! Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Amazon app deep linking.
If you found this content helpful, check out some other how-to posts for increasing Amazon conversion:
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 200 to 400% from Social Media
- Amazon Attribution Case Study: How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466% with URLgenius App Deep Linking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution Tools to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking and QR Codes
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking