We took a moment to interview Alaina and asked her to reflect on how she got started, and what it's like to be an Amazon influencer today. We also just had to ask— what does Alaina like about the URLgenius platform what new features is she looking forward to?
Amazon Influencer Q&A Spotlight
When did you start your journey to become an influencer?
Alaina: I started my influencer journey four years ago in January because I had to drop out of nursing school due to getting very sick with Lyme disease. I just started posting, and I'm so thankful it has turned into what it has!
What do you love about being an Amazon influencer?
Alaina: I just personally love Amazon. I love all the gadgets and affordable clothing. I also really appreciate working with the Amazon team.
Before using URLgenius, did you view being sent to the web login as a problem?
Alaina: No, I didn't really notice that it would take my audience to a login page. I did know that on Instagram, they would have to click the three dots at the top right to open into the system browser, and that was the only way we would make a commission. I've heard from many of my influencer friends that it seemed like sales weren't tracking right, and I always felt like my sales were a bit lower than they should be, but I didn't know what to do about it.
When did you realize that opening the Amazon app from social media would help you earn more?
Alaina: I realized about a year ago that people had to shop IN the app for us to get the credit. So, I would routinely try to educate my audience to click those three dots at the top right. Now with URLgenius, it's so much easier for them because it removes that step!
How much is URLgenius increasing your commissions?
Alaina: When I started using URLgenius I noticed a difference immediately. I would say it's increased my Amazon earnings by 200-300%, which is HUGE!
Amazing! How would you characterize the influencer business today? Any advice for new influencers?
Alaina: I believe it is much more competitive now. If someone were to just get started, I would ALWAYS say, 'Make sure you're passionate about what you're going to post,' because to grow, it takes consistency and A LOT of work. Also, don't start just to make money. Have the mindset that you want to help your viewers solve some type of issue or inspire them.
Tell us about the audience that follows you and why they like your product recommendations.
Alaina: My audience demographic is mainly 25- to 50-year-old women in the US. I share affordable lifestyle and fashion products for everyday women, mainly from Amazon, Walmart, and Target— with a few other retailers sprinkled into that mix.
What does a typical day look like for you?
Alaina: A typical day: I start at 5 a.m. I film my YouTube videos and/or reels before my son wakes up. Then, at 10:30, when he goes down for a nap, I work for 2 hours. Then I'll work in the evening. I have recently hired help for YouTube thumbnails, editing videos, and LTK management.
Apart from earning more commissions, what else do you like about the URLgenius platform?
Alaina: I do like the platform! I appreciate how URLgenius notifies you if a link isn't working. Two more things that would save time would be for it to be a one-click action—for example, if I paste the Amazon affiliate link, it would automate the URL link immediately instead of having to click 'compose'. And second, I think an app would be helpful!
Would you recommend URLgenius to other influencers?
Alaina: Yes, I would recommend URLgenius! I was recently out in LA with Amazon for the spring fashion event, and I mentioned to several people that I love URLgenius and that it has made a huge difference!
Alaina, thank you so much for your thoughtful answers. We wish you great success going forward, and we're so glad to be on that journey with you!
If you found this post helpful, check out our other popular case studies and how-to posts for Amazon influencers, associates, and sellers:
- Influencer Q&A: Alaina Kirsch Increases Amazon Commissions 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How The Frugal Sahm Earned 300 Percent More Commissions on Prime Day
- Influencer Q&A: Sweet Deal Canada Increases Amazon Commissions By 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: Lovely Lucky Life Instantly Doubles Commissions With App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How Savannah Kay Designs Multiplied Commissions 400% With App Deep Links
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 400% from Social Media
- Amazon Attribution Case Study: How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466%
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking