Well, I wanted to give a big shout out to URLgenius. They are looking to be a game changer when it comes to Amazon attribution and tracking off-Amazon to Amazon conversions.
Check out my Loom video on LinkedIn and read further to get the breakdown on the insights I gained by leveraging app deep links from the company URLgenius.
For major sales events like Amazon Prime Day, we like to 'hype up” our sales efforts leading up to the event. We also want to be able to measure the return on these initiatives.
So below are the steps we take:
- We advertise for 2 weeks leading up to the event and our corresponding deal and we drive that traffic to a landing page where we can get their email and phone number.
- We then 'warm' them up by sending out a 1 week & 1 day before email that sends them to a more detailed breakdown of the sale.
- Finally, on the days of the deal, we repurpose our 'sign up' landing page to re-direct back to our deal page on our Amazon store front, retarget them with conversion-based emails and Facebook ads that drive them to our listings and deal pages on Amazon.
Unfortunately, with that last step, historically, we lose a lot of tracking data when we use a regular Amazon link because the link sends the user to the login and most people abandon, therefore, the Amazon Attribution measurement tags are never passed on.
This is because whether you send your audience from an email app, Facebook ad, web browser, landing page, or any off-site channel they don't get sent directly into the Amazon shopping app. For example, typically when a customer clicks an ad, say from Facebook, with just the regular Amazon link with attribution tags, it will open in their native web browser for their device and app.
One of two things happen here. Either the user is forced to sign into Amazon.com on the native web browser, which they probably won't do, or they need to open their Amazon shopping app and search for your product manually, which means you lose tracking capabilities and undervalue these campaigns because the measurement tags are never passed, or they just choose to go with a competitor, meaning you lost that conversion.
With URLgenius, you can put your Amazon link with attribution measurement tags into their 'link builder' (the URLgenius home page) and the updated link drives customers straight from wherever they are coming from whether that's Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Email, etc. right into the Amazon Shopping app jumping over that web login.
This decreases friction, increases tracking capabilities, and ultimately gives more accurate data including sales, remarketing, and product rankings.
Here are our numbers broken down:
July Prime Day 2022 when we DID NOT leverage URLgenius app deep linking:
- We spent $3,174.12 on the 'hype up' campaign
- Amazon attributed $6,130.09 or 1.93x return
- This accounted for 4% of our total July Prime Day Sales (out of $153K total)
October Prime Day 2022 when we DID use URLgenius app deep linking:
- We spent $3,395.06 on the campaign
- Amazon attributed $28,627.76 or 8.43x return
- Accounted for 20% of our total October Prime Day Sales (out of $145K)
Hope this helps other Amazon sellers and provide another lever to pull when trying to grow your Amazon business!
If you found this case study helpful, check out some of our other popular how-to posts for Amazon app deep linking and increase your sales, marketing funnel and product rankings.
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 200 to 400% from Social Media
- Amazon Attribution Case Study: How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466% with URLgenius App Deep Linking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution Tools to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking and QR Codes