At the time of this post, Val had almost 135K followers on Instagram and other social media platforms (wow!) and that fanbase is growing fast! Val and her team at Lucky Life Blog started using URLgenius in April 2023 and saw great results almost immediately in the Amazon Associates reporting dashboard. In fact her commissions doubled!
We sat down with Val and asked her to reflect on what's it's like to be an influencer today and to learn how URLgenius quickly became a 'must-have' for Amazon promotion strategy on social media.
Amazon Influencer Q&A
When did get your start as an influencer?
Val: I’ve been working in the influencer industry for almost 10 years! First on the brand side, then on my own. I’ve been working full-time for over 7 years now.
What do you love about being an Amazon influencer?
Val: Amazon makes my life easier as a mom, and it’s a natural, organic extension of how we live as a family of 6. Amazon has always been a good partner for influencers, and I personally appreciate their influencer team, support, and bonus content programs.
Before using URLgenius, did you view being sent to the web login as a problem?
Val: Yes! As a busy mom, I never want to log into anything or remember a password - I want to order something right then and there; otherwise, I’ll either forget or it will turn into a shopping debate in my head.
When did you realize that URLgenius would help you increase conversions from social media?
Val: Friends of mine in the influencer space were having a lot of success so I had to see if it would make an impact for me as well.
How much has URLgenius increased your commissions?
Val: It’s very clear that my commissions AND conversion rate increased when I started using URLgenius. My average commission rate increased 66% from the previous period and increased 52% from the same period last year. All without any ‘viral posts’ or a massive jump in the audience.
Amazing! Did you have any other 'eureka' moments using URLgenius?
Val: The affiliate link piece is the biggest win, but URLgenius is also great for cross-promoting your accounts across different apps; for instance, a slide on Instagram promoting my Pinterest would have previously required a login but with URLgenius, the Pinterest app opens (logged in!) and the user is able to easily follow. Reducing friction journey in any way is a win in my book!
How would you characterize the influencer business today; any advice for new influencers?
Val: The industry is so different than when I started, but TikTok and the rise of short-form videos that are shot on a smartphone really made creating content much easier and more accessible to so many people. Advice (that I haven’t necessarily followed to a T at all times!):
- be yourself—authenticy is key!
- give credit where credit is due—tagging someone as “inspo” costs you nothing!
- professionalism and kindness—go a LONG way!
Tell us about the audience that follows you and why they like your product recommendations.
Val: My community thinks of me as a friend, and they LOVE my Amazon finds!
What does a typical day look like for you?
Val: It’s different every day! My primary platform is Instagram (more specifically, stories!) so I’m constantly sourcing items to highlight there that will be helpful, are a great deal, and/or are really cute, preferably a mix of all three! From there, a lot of multitasking and delegation to get from seeing, “Oh, our favorite water bottle is on sale!” to actually publishing the Instagram slide.
Apart from earning more commissions, what else do you like about the URLgenius platform?
Val: I like that I can easily and quickly search my links to find something, versus trying to recreate the affiliate link every time. Because I can customize the backend of the URL with whatever keyword(s) I want, it’s fairly easy for me or my team to find the link for what we need, which saves time!
In URLgenius reporting, what do you find most interesting and useful?
Val: I mostly use Amazon Associate reporting, but with URLgenius I love seeing the top 20 cities people are clicking from and the most popular links!
Would you recommend URLgenius to other influencers?
Val: 100% I would recommend URLgenius to Amazon Associates and I would recommend making it a significant part of your business! I was skeptical that my numbers would increase, but they doubled—can’t say no to that!
Val, thanks so much for sharing your story! I think we're the lucky ones for having such great customers!
If you found this post helpful, check out our other popular case studies and how-to posts for Amazon influencers, associates and sellers:
- Influencer Q&A: Tara Thueson Increases Prime Day Commissions By 9x with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: Alaina Kirsch Increases Amazon Commissions 300% with App Deep Links
- Fat Kid Deals Multiplies Commissions by 300% with URLgenius Instant App Linking
- Influencer Q&A: How The Frugal Sahm Earned 300 Percent More Commissions on Prime Day
- Influencer Q&A: Sweet Deal Canada Increases Amazon Commissions By 300% with Deep Linking
- Influencer Q&A: How Savannah Kay Designs Multiplied Commissions 400% With App Deep Links
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Open the Amazon App from Facebook Groups
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs for PPC Campaigns to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Increase Their Amazon Brand Referral Bonus by 200 to 400%
- How Variant eCommerce Grew Prime Day Sales 466% with App Deep Linking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How to Get an Amazon Review Link to Open the App and Increase Product Rankings
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Use Amazon Attribution Tools with Social Media
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking