With over a billion users, Instagram has evolved into an advertising behemoth, no longer limited to selfies and humorous memes. You, like many other Nordstrom influencers and affiliates, are likely seeking a simple, quick strategy to increase your Instagram-based Nordstrom sales and commissions.
Sure, you can generate either organic or sponsored posts to promote specific products—both are great options. From there, you designate a call to action with each post for followers to click on the link in your Instagram bio to take them to the desired product. Easy peasy, right?
Learn more about how using URLgenius affiliate mobile app URLs on your social media posts will skyrocket your sales and commissions in this informational YouTube video!
Eh, wait just a second—there’s something important you likely want to consider: Will the ordinary Nordstrom link launch the retail app (when already installed on a smartphone)? (Hint: It won’t.) Rather than redirecting you to the Nordstrom app, it keeps you locked into the Instagram app.
Well, here’s the thing—the standard Nordstrom link won't work on Instagram or any other social media app because it will send users to the Nordstrom website, where they'll need to sign in before they can even add the product to their cart to make a purchase. Despite how minor this hurdle may seem regarding the shopping experience, this tends to be the main reason why most consumers abandon their carts.
So with that being said, it follows that it would be logical to correct this issue by creating a seamless connection from Instagram to the Nordstrom app, doesn't it? (Duh!) The majority of shoppers shop within the app on their smartphones, where they’re already logged in and ready to complete their shopping transactions.
In this post, we’re going to show you how to generate the proper Nordstrom app URLs (also known as deep links) to use in the Instagram (or any other) mobile app without the use of SDKs or other technical resources—very convenient for Nordstrom affiliates and influencers everywhere!
To start, let's examine in depth how social media ads can be integrated into the Nordstrom app.
Watch this brief video: How to Generate App Links to Link into the Amazon app from Your Instagram Bio
Why won't my Nordstrom affiliate links open in the Nordstrom app from Instagram?
Two words: Walled garden. No flowers, no shrubbery—just lowered commissions. This is what we in the industry call the phenomenon that keeps users in the app they’re using from where they’re clicking the retail linking.
We’re going to let you in on a little secret that lets you seamlessly link from an Instagram ad (or your profile) to the Nordstrom app on iOS or Android—all automatically from the same campaign link!
By simply upgrading their Nordstrom links, affiliates can reap the benefits of those app deep linking capabilities, ultimately solving the walled garden issue and increasing the sales and commissions tied to the Nordstrom affiliate link. Our platform, URLgenius, makes this possible.
Pro Tip: Your shoppers may not be familiar with the URLgenius domain. You can use your brand's domain for your URLgenius Nordstrom app affiliate deep links. This helps you extend your brand name to the link and establish increased trust when deep linking from Instagram to the Nordstrom app.
So let's go over how to optimize your Nordstrom links for your Instagram campaigns so that you can link directly to your Nordstrom store and products.
Step-by-Step: How to Generate Affiliate Mobile App URLs (Deep Links) to Open the Nordstrom App
At URLgenius, we’ve perfected the software that lets you create the most optimized links for your Instagram campaign. Changing your campaign links is as easy as following these steps, which you can do right now!
The first thing you need to do is navigate to the desired Nordstrom page and copy the link from the address bar. (This could be the link to your storefront, product, or even a product category link.)
You only need the core links— you can remove any navigation tags that may have been added as you searched for the right Nordstrom link to make sure they don't interfere with tracking or opening the app.
Paste the link into the box provided on the URLgenius home page. When pasting the link, notice the Nordstrom icon highlighted—thishis tells you that URLgenius understands the type of link you just pasted.
You can customize the end of the link to match your campaign to make it easy to find later. If not needed, just use the pre-populated random characters.
Click the “Compose” which takes you to the settings page for your Nordstrom app deep link, where you can copy and place it into your Instagram ad. To test the behavior of the link, scan the QR code or email it.
Notice that there are advanced features on the settings page— this is also where you can see clicks and the number of app-opens. You can also enable Nordstrom Attribution tags on the link so you can track how much revenue is being driven by your Instagram campaign and your URLgenius app deep link.
QR Codes for the Nordstrom App
Doing a multi-channel campaign in coordination with your Instagram ad? Lucky for you, every URLgenius app deep link also has a corresponding QR code.
Create a branded app deep link and custom QR code to use online or offline to promote your Nordstrom product listings. Use them in posters, retail displays, tradeshows, and giveaway promotions. Just click on 'QR Settings' to find and download your code.
URLgenius will track scans and clicks separately, and you can append tags for tracking in ways that won't disrupt scanning (including too many tags and appending them the wrong way is a common 'QR code fail!').
URLgenius Is the Deep Link Between Instagram Links and Nordstrom Marketing Success
As of today, Instagram is the center of the social media universe. If you're a Nordstrom affiliate or influencer and you're not selling directly from social media, you could be missing sales and remarketing opportunities. So then, doesn’t it make sense to build a seamless bridge between the two with a URLgenius app deep link?
We are always here to help you with your campaigns! Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Nordstrom marketing and deep links.
If you found this post helpful, check out our other popular how-to posts for affiliate app deep linking:
- How to Generate Custom Branded Nordstrom Deep Links for Influencers and Affiliates
- How to Generate Mobile App Links That Open Social Media and E-Commerce Apps from Linktree
- How to Generate Target Plus Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How Influencers Can Generate Target Plus Affiliate Links to Open the App From Instagram
- How to Generate Walmart Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How to Generate a Walmart QR Code to Open the App
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- How to Generate Amazon Mobile App URLs Using Your Brand's Domain to Open the App
- How DTC Brands Can Generate Marketplace App Links to Measure Sales from Social Media
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- How Amazon Sellers and Affiliates Grow Sales with App Deep Linking and QR Codes
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How To Increase Affiliate Sales With App-To-App Deeplinking
- Fat Kid Deals Multiplies Commissions by 300% with URLgenius Instant App Linking
- Influencer Q&A: Alaina Kirsch Increases Amazon Commissions 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How Karla at The Frugal Sahm Earned 300% More Commissions on Prime Day
- Influencer Q&A: Lovely Lucky Life Instantly Doubles Commissions With App Deep Links
- Amazon Influencer Lexie Tucker Sees Gold in URLgenius Reporting While Doubling Commissions
- Influencer Q&A: Sweet Deal Canada Increases Amazon Commissions By 300% with App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: How Savannah Kay Designs Multiplied Commissions 400% With App Deep Links
- Influencer Q&A: Tara Thueson Increases Prime Day Commissions By 9x with App Deep Links