Now the app may have grown in popularity due to Gen Z’s affinity for dance trends and challenges, but with the recent launch of in-app shopping, Tiktok has become an essential platform for brands and businesses to advertise and directly connect with viewers— a place where they set up their “TikTok shop”.
If your brand has been slow to embrace TikTok, worry not for you are not alone. There's still time for you to get on board and and start building your TikTok following!
The Importance of TikTok QR Code Advertising in Your Marketing Strategy
Now you may be thinking to yourself, so what? Our current marketing strategy is great— are a bunch of teenagers really going to click on our ad if they scroll to our page? Well, we have a two-tiered answer for such an important question.
First and foremost, TikTok is no longer an app ruled solely by Gen Z-ers and high schoolers. The app is now saturated with content creators of all ages, who make videos about a myriad of things. You can find videos about history, fashion, crafting, cooking, working out, etc— the list is virtually endless. This in turn means that the consumers of this vast array of content come from different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, etc.
With that being said, the app’s algorithms work in such a specific way as to curate a custom-tailored feed for each user— one that some claim to be “eerily accurate.”
How can your brand begin to transition into creating a substantial audience and campaign on TikTok? How do you increase your TikTok followers? We have one answer for you: Create a custom QR code that opens the TikTok app directly to your brand's profile and make sure to use it in all of your marketing channels.
Where does your brand fit into all this? Well, whatever it is that you sell— be it clothing or workout equipment— TikTok will find the feeds that are your perfect match (a feature that isn’t too different from that of Instagram and other social media platforms) to direct users to your TikTok shop.
Whether you place your custom TikTok QR code throughout your email campaigns, direct mail, packaging, in-store displays, or television advertising; it’s guaranteed to be one of the most convenient and effective ways to drive traffic to your TikTok account and increase followers.
Increase Your Views and Followers With the URLgenius TikTok QR Code Generator
The beauty of the QR code is the minimal effort it takes to make one and then use it. With a quick scan and a click of the link, existing and new customers are directed exactly where you’d like them to be— in this case, your brand's profile within the TikTok app.
At URLgenius, we’ve made the process of generating a TikTok QR code (or to any app!) an absolute breeze. Here are 3 easy steps standing between you and your custom QR code.
1. Enter the web URL for your TikTok account
When you paste your TikTok link into the URLgenius QR code generator, you will see some instructions that URLgenius uses to send the user to the right place in the app depending on their device— one designated for iOS users and one for Android users. Don't worry, you don't need to edit that!
Note that you are also given the option to customize the end of the URL in order to align it with your campaign. For example, here we’ve entered the URL for Calvin Klein’s TikTok profile. Change the end of the URL after the backslash to match your brand or you could have it match the name of your campaign.
After that, simply select “Compose” which updates the link and creates the QR code.
Pro Tip: Your customers may not be familiar with URLgenius, so use your brand's domain for your QR app link. This feature is easy to set up and helps maximize scanning by extending your brand to the app link behind the QR code.
2. Click “QR Settings” to Download Your Custom TikTok QR Code
Now you're on the settings page for the QR code's app deep link. When you click the “QR Settings” tab, you will be taken to the page that allows you to download the QR code. You can also control the density, color, and logo.
Before downloading the code, make sure it is set to the right density for your particular use case as this will ultimately affect your visitor's ability to scan the code. Contact our team here at URLgenius to get settings guidance regarding the density, size, color, logo, and placement of the QR code.
The TikTok logo is in the center of the QR by default— but in this example, we went ahead and inserted the Calvin Klein logo. This can be done by scrolling to the bottom of the QR Settings page to the logo placement feature.
Check out our QR Experience Playbook and QR Strategy Guide for tips on how to get QR codes right and common problems to avoid.
3. Keep Track of Your QR Code Analytics
URLgenius reporting will show you how many times your QR code was scanned. If you're using the QR code and the link behind it in various multi-channel campaigns, URLgenius will track scans separately from clicks.
When you use URLgenius to generate a QR code for TikTok:
- You build brand loyalty with younger and digitally engaged demographics
- You expand the reach of your brand to potential new audiences
- You get more eyes on your latest content and campaigns
- You increase your followers and brand engagement
How To Use Your New TikTok QR Code
After you have set up your brand’s TikTok shop and generated your spankin’ new QR code, it’s important to really consider where to place it and how to use it. Place your custom TikTok App QR code on:
place you’re advertising your brand
- Any place you promote your campaign
- Direct mail campaigns
- Retail catalogs
- Product packaging
- Business cards
- Flyers and posters
- Magazines and newspapers
- Youtube videos as a call-to-action
Still Not Convinced That You Should Invest in a Custom TikTok QR Code?
If you’re still not convinced as to how TikTok QR codes are important in the marketing world, let’s hit you with some undeniable numbers about today's most popular social app.
According to Forbes, TikTok was the number one downloaded app of 2021, with a whopping 656 million downloads— not to mention that it’s the third year that the app has held that spot on top.
As of today, the TikTok app has been downloaded over 3 billion times— ultimately making it the first non-Facebook app to surpass such a milestone.
URLgenius Is Here To Help You Increase Your TikTok Followers and Engagement
Marketing is and always will be a fast-moving train, and it’s important to make sure that your brand isn’t left behind on the tracks. Even though TikTok might have a reputation for being home to young influencers and celebrities showing off their dance moves, it’s proving more and more that it’s also a platform that can sell brands and products.
So, what are you waiting for? The clock is ticking— tik tok, tik tok (heh, see what we did there?) Generate your custom QR code for TikTok with URLgenius today!
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our latest how-to posts for QR code app marketing:
- How to Customize QR Codes for Apps and Websites Like a Pro in 2023
- How To Generate a Snapchat QR Code To Direct To Your Profile in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic YouTube QR Code To Open in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Spotify QR Code for an Artist, Song, Playlist, or Album
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- URLgenius Is Your Passport To Multi-Language QR Codes
- TikTok Advertising: Generate a Custom TikTok QR Code for Your Brand
- How To Generate Your Own Instagram QR Code
- How to Generate a QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How To Generate a Cash App QR Code and App Deep Link for Your Facebook Profile
- How to Optimize Small QR Code Sizes to Maximize QR Scans
- The 5 Most Common QR Code Fails Marketers Make
- How to Generate an App Deep Link and Custom QR Code to Your Venmo Profile
- How to Instantly Generate Custom QR Codes to Open Apps and Websites
- How to Generate Deep Links and QR Codes for Facebook Groups
- How to Generate a Single QR Code to Download an App from iOS App Store and Google Play
- Jewelry Television Strikes Gold with TV QR Code Strategy How to Generate a Custom QR Code to Open an App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Phone Number QR Code for Scan To Call Service
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your Email Marketing Strategy
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your SMS Marketing Strategy
- Dynamic QR Codes: How To Connect Print Ads and Digital Marketing
- How To Increase Retail & Ecommerce Sales With QR Codes
- How to Generate QR Codes for Insurance and Finance Companies
- 5 Ways to Use QR Codes to Promote Finance Apps to Increase Installs, Engagement and Transactions
- How to Generate QR Codes that Open Healthcare Apps and Increase Patient Engagement
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How to Generate a Link to Open a Specific Post in the Facebook App
- Ready for Takeoff: Dynamic App Linking into Marketplace Apps from Social Media
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How Influencers Can Generate LTK RStyle App Deep Links to Open Retail Apps from Social Media
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Snapchat Ads and Stories
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from YouTube Ads and Videos
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from TikTok Ads and Profiles
- How to Generate Mobile App Links for Instagram Ads, Stories, and Profiles That Directly Open Your App
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Facebook Advertising
- How To Generate App Deep Links To Instagram Posts, Reels, Pictures and Hashtags
- How to Generate App-To-App Deep Links for Instagram Hashtags #hashtagmarketing
- How To Generate a Facebook Deep Link That Opens in the App
- How to Generate a Link to Open the Mercado Libre App from Social Media Apps
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How to Increase Affiliate Sales With App-to-App Deeplinking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- Facebook Advertising for Walmart Marketplace: How To Deep Link from App to App
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- How to Generate a Deeplink to Open the YouTube App from the Instagram App to Increase Subscribers
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How to Generate YouTube Mobile App Links That Open in the App
- How to Generate App Deep Links that Open Instagram App for iOS and Android