The Incredible Growth of Snapchat and Why Deep Linking Matters
In just a few short years, Snapchat has quickly become a very important marketing channel for all types of advertisers. eMarketer is predicting Snapchat’s user base in the U.S. will grow in 2017 by 13.6% to almost 67 million users surpassing Twitter and Pinterest. That translates to nearly one in five americans using the platform. In addition, Snapchat attracts a coveted audience with over 61 percent of users being 34 years old or younger. Deep linking to your profile from different marketing channels will help you grow and expand your Snapchat audience quickly.
Grow Followers Fast with URLgenius Deep Linking for Snapchat
Marketers just getting started with Snapchat may not know what percentage of their audience is using the social network. Knowing that number is important for measuring the success of your efforts as you start to promote your Snapchat profile content and stories. A simple way to estimate Snapchat usage among your customers and prospects is to link to your Snapchat profile from your email campaigns, display advertising and other marketing channels.
When you update the link to your Snapchat profile with URLgenius, you will have access to a wide range of insights including visitors, clicks and Snapchat app opens by platform, device and channel.
Snapchat Deep Links Step-by-Step
- Create a URLgenius account. https://app.urlgeni.us/signup
- Login to your URLgenius account: http://app.urlgeni.us/signin
- Once logged in, you're ready to create a deep link to your Snapchat profile.
- Important: URLgenius links created without logging in first will not be associated with your account.
- Type the link to your Snapchat profile in the following format:
www.snapchat.com/add/username where “username” is your Snapchat profile name.
- For example, in the screenshot below we are creating a deep link to the Macy’s snapchat profile which is “macyssnaps”. Notice the Snapchat icon is highlighted.
- Optional: Notice at the bottom of the dialog above there is a pre-populated field that contains four random characters. You can customize this part of the path for tracking purposes by channel or campaign. For example, you could change it to say ‘fall-campaign” or “email-campaign”
- Click the “Compose URL” button and you are then brought to the settings page where you can copy the link for use in another marketing channel.
- Tip: You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
- Copy your URLgenius Snapchat deep link and use it in your other marketing channels.
Where to place your URLgenius deep links for Snapchat:
- Use it behind a Snapchat icon on your website.
- Place it behind the Snapchat icon in your email templates.
- Promote your Snapchat URLgenius deep link on other social networks.
- Place behind banners in display advertising and paid search campaigns that promote your Snapchat content and presence.
- Analytics tip: append your preferred web or channel analytics UTM parameters for tracking (Google Analytics, Omniture, Kenshoo etc.)
URLgenius Deep Linking Metrics for Snapchat
You can login to URLgenius anytime to understand how much Snapchat engagement you’re driving.
- This screenshot is an example chart for daily visitors and clicks by date range:
- The next chart below shows Snapchat app opens by platform.
- Using these charts, you can estimate what percentage if your social engagers have installed the Snapchat mobile app for iOS and Android.
- App store opens indicates those who have interest in your Snapchat profile but have not installed the Snapchat app yet.
- And here’s a chart example of clicks by device and by state.
- As a reminder, after a click there is a one hour delay in reporting.
- We will send you an analytics update each month when one or more of your links receives ten clicks or more in a single calendar month.
Make sure to update your profile links in the same way for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Linkedin and even Amazon and other shopping apps.
Sign-up and Login now and get started.