Over time, this experience translates to lost followers, likes, engagement and ultimately revenue. The good news is that there is a quick solution for this that does not require SDKs or technical resources. Using Instagram app deep links to open the Instagram app from different marketing channels will significantly help you grow followers faster.
How to Generate Instagram App Deep Links for iOS and Android
URLgenius lets you update the link to your Instagram profile so it can detect the Instagram mobile app for iOS or Android. This will help you increase likes, engagement and followers as your audience is instantly brought back into the Instagram mobile app directly to your brand's profile.
Follow these steps to update your Instagram profile link.
- Create a URLgenius account: www.urlgenius.com
- Once logged in, you’re ready to update your Instagram profile link
- The URLgenius home page is your app deep link composer
Copy your Instagram profile link from the address bar of your browser and paste it into the box.
For example, in the screenshot below we're creating a URLgenius link to Zara's Instagram profile.
- Note the Instagram icon is highlighted tells you URLgenius understood the link entered.
- You can edit the field that is pre-populated with 4 random characters.
- Use this field to customize the path to help identify campaigns
- In this example we named the end of the link “zara-fall-2022-campaign”.
- Click the “Compose” button and then you will be proceed to the settings page for the link
- Here you are presented with a 'Copy URL' button to get the link to place in your campaign
- You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
- Copy the link using the button provided and paste it in other marketing channels in your effort to promote your Instagram profile.
QR Codes for the Instagram App
Doing a multi-channel campaign in coordination with your social media ad? Lucky for you, every URLgenius link for Instagram also has a corresponding QR code.
URLgenius will track scans and clicks separately and you customize the code in ways that won't disrupt scanning (changing colors or density and adding logos the wrong way is a common 'QR code fail!').
Where to place your URLgenius deep link to Instagram:
- Behind the Instagram icon on your website
- Behind the Instagram icon in your email templates
- Use Instagram app deep link within other social networks
- Use in display advertising to promote your Instagram profile
- Use them in the description of your YouTube videos
URLgenius App Deep Linking Metrics for Instagram
You can login to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand how many times your audience clicks and opened the Instagram app.
- Here's an example chart for daily visitors and clicks by date range.
- The next chart below shows app opens by platform and device.
- The app open rate tells you what percentage of your visitors have the Instagram app installed.
This is a view of clicks and app opens by approximate geo location.
All URLgenius data is anonymous and is not personally identifiable.
- Note there is a one hour delay in reporting.
Sign-up now and get started!
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our other popular how-to posts:
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for Instagram Hashtags
- How to Generate Facebook Deep Links and App QR Codes
- How to Create Facebook Groups Deep Links
- How to Create Deep Links for Facebook Events
- How to Create Deep Links for Facebook Reviews.
- How to Make Deep Links for Facebook Videos
- How to Properly Size your App QR Codes to Maximize Scans
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for More YouTube Subscribers
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for More Amazon Sales
- How to Setup Your Domain to Host QR Codes and Deep Links
- How to Create Deep Links and App QR Codes for More Spotify Sales
- How To Make One Link for iOS and Android App stores to Drive Installs
- How to Create Telegram Deep Links and App QR Codes
- How to Deep Link into SMS Text Messages on iOS and Android