Why Instagram App Deep Linking is a Must for Marketers
As an avid Instagram user, you probably had the experience where you clicked an Instagram icon to follow a brand or company only to be brought to the Instagram mobile website where you need to login. In this mobile moment, most users abandon. This occurs even for those persistently logged in to the Instagram mobile app for iOS or Android. Over time this experience translates to lost followers, likes, engagement and ultiamtely revenue.
Instagram App Deep Linking for iOS and Android
URLgenius lets you update the link to your Instagram profile so it can detect the Instagram mobile app for iOS and Android. This will help you increase likes, engagement and followers as your audience is instantly brought back into the Instagram mobile app for iOS and Android. Follow these steps to update your Instagram profile link.
- Create a URLgenius account. https://app.urlgeni.us/signup
- Login to your URLgenius account: http://app.urlgeni.us/signin
- Once logged in, you’re ready to update your Instagram profile link.
- Important: Any links created without logging in first will not be associated with your account.
Copy your Instagram profile link from the address bar of your web browser and paste it into the box provided. Notice the Instagram icon is highlighted.
For example, in the screenshot below we are creating a URLgenius link to Zara's Instagram profile.
- Optional: You can edit the field that is pre-populated with 4 random characters. Use this field to customize the path to help identify your links for different campaigns. For example, you may want to change it to say ‘fall-campaign” or “email-campaign”. In this example we used “zara2017”.
- Now click the “Compose” button and then you will be presented with a 'Copy URL' button.
- Copy the link using the button provided and paste it in other marketing channels in your effort to promote your Instagram profile.
- You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
Where to place your URLgenius deep link to Instagram:
- Behind the Instagram icon on your website.
- Behind the Instagram icon in your email templates.
- Promote your URLgenius Instagram deep link within other social networks.
- Use in display advertising and paid search campaigns to promote your Instagram profile.
- Analytics tip: append your preferred web or channel analytics UTM parameters for tracking (Google Analytics, Omniture, Kenshoo etc.)
URLgenius Deep Linking Metrics for Instagram
You can login to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand how much Instagram engagement you are driving.
- Here is an example chart for daily visitors and clicks by date range.
- The next chart below shows app opens by platform. The app open rate helps you determine what percentage of your social engagers have the Instagram mobile app installed for iOS and Android.
- App store visits indicate people who have shown interest in viewing your profile in the Instagram app but do not have the Instagram app installed yet.
- This is a view of clicks on your URLgenius Instagram deep link by device and by state.
- Keep in mind after a click, there is a one hour delay in reporting.
- We will send you an analytics update monthly when you reach ten clicks or more in a single calendar month.
Make sure to update your profile links in the same way for Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Linkedin, Messenger, Telegram and even Amazon and other shopping apps.
Sign-up and Login now and get started.