This QR example opens the Facebook app to the Zara brand profile:
The Importance of Generating a Facebook QR Code To Grow Followers
The key thing to remember is that your Facebook QR code needs to open the Facebook app. That may seem obvious, however, most QR code generators cannot create codes that open apps (which means you'll be sending your visitors to the Facebook website login instead!) This ultimately results in low conversion rates. You may get a lot of scans on your FB QR code, but no additional followers or engagement— because most people do not want to log in to the Facebook website.
Remember, the Facebook app is persistently logged into, so why not use a QR code designed to open the app and avoid that mobile web login!? URLgenius lets you instantly create and test a QR code that opens the Facebook directly to your profile or other screens in the Facebook app.
Step-by-Step: How To Generate a QR Code for Your Facebook Page
- Sign up for URLgenius
- Enter your Facebook link into the box on the homepage
- After you enter the link, you'll notice that the Facebook app icon is highlighted. This tells you that URLgenius understood the link you entered for your QR code
In the screenshot below we're creating a QR code to Zara's Facebook brand profile:
- The link you're creating will be seen by your visitors when they scan the QR code
- You can also use your brand's domain for the link (which is recommended)
- Also note you can customize the end of the link— this is helpful for finding your QR analytics in the URLgenius dashboard
- In this example, we've customized it to be 'zara-2022-campaign'
- Now click the “Compose” button to create your QR code
- Click the tab called 'QR Settings to download your QR code
- You can upload your brand's logo or change the colors of the QR code
(Beware that changing the design of the QR code can affect the ability to scan.) Contact us with questions and avoid a QR code fail!
Pro Tip: You can create a QR code that opens other page types in the Facebook app. Create a QR code that opens to a Facebook group, event, or even a specific post. Think about specific Facebook App QR codes in relation to your marketing objectives.
QR Code Best Practices
QR codes are easy to create but it's easy to get something wrong and make the code unscannable. Whether you're using the code for television, print, email, packaging, or retail displays; all QR codes need to be optimized for design, size, density, channel, and placement.
Make sure to check out our QR Experience Playbook and QR Code Strategy Guide to learn more about the common mistakes and what to consider in relation to apps, websites, and QR analytics.
Also, if you need to create personalized QR codes for Facebook or any other app, URLgenius has an API. We can even create them for you and send them directly to the printer! We are QR code experts so don't hesitate to contact us for advice.
URLgenius QR Code Analytics
You can log in to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand how often your QR code is being scanned. URLgenius will track scans separately from clicks. This is helpful when both the QR code and the link are in a multi-channel campaign.
Tracking scans is a great way to enhance your first-party data over time as you increase your understanding of how your customers and prospects like to engage with your brand.
- The following chart shows the number of Facebook app opens by platform and device. The app open rate tells you what percentage of people who scanned had the Facebook app installed for iOS and Android.
- This chart shows scans by city and separately by language preference. These insights are anonymous and help you confirm the focus of your campaign geographically and by language.
- Check your spending during the month at any time by clicking 'Settings'
- There is a one-hour delay in reporting
You can create QR codes for any social app or even your own brand app. And if you need help or guidance just let us know. Sign up get started.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our latest how-to posts for QR code app marketing:
- How to Customize QR Codes for Apps and Websites Like a Pro in 2023
- How To Generate a Snapchat QR Code To Direct To Your Profile in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic YouTube QR Code To Open in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Spotify QR Code for an Artist, Song, Playlist, or Album
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- URLgenius Is Your Passport To Multi-Language QR Codes
- TikTok Advertising: Generate a Custom TikTok QR Code for Your Brand
- How To Generate Your Own Instagram QR Code
- How to Generate a QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How To Generate a Cash App QR Code and App Deep Link for Your Facebook Profile
- How to Optimize Small QR Code Sizes to Maximize QR Scans
- The 5 Most Common QR Code Fails Marketers Make
- How to Generate an App Deep Link and Custom QR Code to Your Venmo Profile
- How to Instantly Generate Custom QR Codes to Open Apps and Websites
- How to Generate Deep Links and QR Codes for Facebook Groups
- How to Generate a Single QR Code to Download an App from iOS App Store and Google Play
- Jewelry Television Strikes Gold with TV QR Code Strategy How to Generate a Custom QR Code to Open an App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Phone Number QR Code for Scan To Call Service
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your Email Marketing Strategy
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your SMS Marketing Strategy
- Dynamic QR Codes: How To Connect Print Ads and Digital Marketing
- How To Increase Retail & Ecommerce Sales With QR Codes
- How to Generate QR Codes for Insurance and Finance Companies
- 5 Ways to Use QR Codes to Promote Finance Apps to Increase Installs, Engagement and Transactions
- How to Generate QR Codes that Open Healthcare Apps and Increase Patient Engagement
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How to Generate a Link to Open a Specific Post in the Facebook App
- Ready for Takeoff: Dynamic App Linking into Marketplace Apps from Social Media
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How Influencers Can Generate LTK RStyle App Deep Links to Open Retail Apps from Social Media
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Snapchat Ads and Stories
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from YouTube Ads and Videos
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from TikTok Ads and Profiles
- How to Generate Mobile App Links for Instagram Ads, Stories, and Profiles That Directly Open Your App
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Facebook Advertising
- How To Generate App Deep Links To Instagram Posts, Reels, Pictures and Hashtags
- How to Generate App-To-App Deep Links for Instagram Hashtags #hashtagmarketing
- How To Generate a Facebook Deep Link That Opens in the App
- How to Generate a Link to Open the Mercado Libre App from Social Media Apps
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How to Increase Affiliate Sales With App-to-App Deeplinking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- Facebook Advertising for Walmart Marketplace: How To Deep Link from App to App
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- How to Generate a Deeplink to Open the YouTube App from the Instagram App to Increase Subscribers
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How to Generate YouTube Mobile App Links That Open in the App
- How to Generate App Deep Links that Open Instagram App for iOS and Android