Now since the onset of the recent pandemic, there's another marketing tool that you've likely seen everywhere—the handy dandy QR code. And now the question is: how do you incorporate this innovative tool to boost your YouTube subscribers and views? After all, this is an opportunity that cannot by any means be overlooked—it's arguably the most popular and important way to engage with customers.
Why? Because all those QR codes will do is send your current and potential viewers and/or customers to the YouTube web login on their default browser. Who wants to go through the hassle of remembering their login information when they're expecting the desired YouTube page to populate immediately within the app on their phone? Directing your consumers straight into the app is the key to a successful YouTube marketing campaign.
Once you know how to generate your YouTube QR code via the URLgenius platform, your opportunities to promote your YouTube content exponentially expand. You can use them on direct mail, events, posters, and even within the videos themselves.
Sounds like a quick, foolproof way to increase your YouTube subscribers, no? Let’s dive in a little deeper.
How Dynamic YouTube QR Codes Can Increase Your Youtube Subscribers
Of course, virtually everyone is familiar with the standard QR code and how to use it. But many, if not most, might be scratching their head at the word dynamic.
A dynamic QR code is different from a regular QR code in that you—as the marketer or agency—can control the destination of the scan. And you can change the destination even after the QR code is printed and in production.
If need be, you could even change the destination of the QR code every week to promote your latest content. If you can get your audience to scan that QR code regularly (while your marketing team changes where it leads), you will have created a powerful way to get more YouTube subscribers who want to watch your videos..
When you change the destination of the dynamic QR code (even after it's printed), you won't break the experience or need to go back and reprint the code. Plus, they give you the ability to consider the lifecycle of your QR codes over time so that you may treat them like a corporate asset that drives your first-party data.
Awesome, right? Here at URLgenius, we are all about making our dynamic QR code generator a simple, yet powerful, Enterprise QR platform for you and your team.
And lucky for you, we’ve mastered this entire process so that you don’t have to—and here’s one of the easiest tutorials you’ve ever followed: how to use the URLgenius platform to generate a YouTube QR code.
Step-By-Step: How To Use the URLgenius YouTube QR Code Generator
Need to generate a YouTube QR code for your channel or tutorial video? Easy. At URLgenius, we’ve perfected the process— you don’t need any technical resources, and there's nothing to install. Let’s get started at the URLgenius home page.
To create your own QR code for your print marketing, you start with the link to the desired YouTube page— whether a video or your profile. Paste the link into the URLgenius homepage to update the link and create the YouTube QR code.
Notice that you are given the option to customize the end of the URL in order to align it with your campaign. This will also help you find the link in your list of links in the URLgenius dashboard. For example, here we’ve pasted the link to the Betty Crocker YouTube profile. We then went ahead and changed the end of the URL after the backslash to make it align with the campaign.
Next, simply select “Compose” and you'll be taken to the settings page for your app deep link and YouTube QR code where you can test it. The settings page is also where you can control the design and settings and download it in different formats for your graphic designer.
Notice in the settings that you have a 'Routing' tab where you can change the destination of the code, and that includes a few other advanced settings. You can also check to see how many times the code has been scanned and how many times the app has been opened. Contact us if you need help changing the destination!
Click 'QR Settings - Design Studio,' where you can fine-tune all of your QR code's settings before downloading it. You can change the colors, logo, and even the shape and size of your QR code. Your changes might affect your audience's ability to scan the code successfully.
Before downloading the code, make sure it is set to the right density—this will ultimately affect your visitor's ability to scan the code. Contact us if you need help setting up the QR code in terms of its density, size, color, logo, and placement.
Pro Tip: QR codes are easy to create, but it's easy to get something wrong and make the code unscannable. Whether you're using the code for video or television, print, email, packaging, or retail displays; all QR codes need to be optimized for design, size, density, channel, and placement.
Make sure to check out our QR Experience Playbook and QR Code Strategy Guide to learn more about the common mistakes and what to consider with regard to apps, websites, and QR analytics.
Also, if you need to create personalized QR codes for YouTube or any other app, URLgenius has an API. We can even create them for you and send them directly to the printer! We are QR code experts, so don't hesitate to contact us for advice.
YouTube QR Code Analytics
URLgenius will track scans separately from clicks, which is helpful when you're using the QR code and the link in a multi-channel campaign. Tracking scans is a great way to enhance your first-party data over time as you increase your understanding of how your customers and prospects like to engage with your brand. Contact us to discuss your reporting requirements.
The following chart shows the volume of YouTube app opens by platform and device. The app open rate tells you what percentage of people who scanned had the YouTube app installed for iOS and Android.
This chart shows scans by city and separately by language preference. These anonymous insights help you figure out where and how to focus your campaign, both in terms of geography and language.
Check your spending during the month at any time by clicking 'Settings' or 'Activity' from the menu. Just be aware that there is a one-hour delay in reporting.
URLgenius Is Here To Help You Increase Your YouTube Subscribers
We are always here to help you with your YouTube advertising campaigns, app deep links, and QR codes! Try using your QR code creatively across marketing channels and everywhere your customers are likely to scan it.
Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about dynamic YouTube QR codes and deep links.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our other popular how-to posts:
- How to Customize QR Codes for Apps and Websites Like a Pro in 2023
- How To Generate a Snapchat QR Code To Direct To Your Profile in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic YouTube QR Code To Open in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Spotify QR Code for an Artist, Song, Playlist, or Album
- How to Generate an Amazon QR Code to Open the App
- URLgenius Is Your Passport To Multi-Language QR Codes
- TikTok Advertising: Generate a Custom TikTok QR Code for Your Brand
- How To Generate Your Own Instagram QR Code
- How to Generate a QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How To Generate a Cash App QR Code and App Deep Link for Your Facebook Profile
- How to Optimize Small QR Code Sizes to Maximize QR Scans
- The 5 Most Common QR Code Fails Marketers Make
- How to Generate an App Deep Link and Custom QR Code to Your Venmo Profile
- How to Instantly Generate Custom QR Codes to Open Apps and Websites
- How to Generate Deep Links and QR Codes for Facebook Groups
- How to Generate a Single QR Code to Download an App from iOS App Store and Google Play
- Jewelry Television Strikes Gold with TV QR Code Strategy How to Generate a Custom QR Code to Open an App
- How To Generate a Dynamic Phone Number QR Code for Scan To Call Service
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your Email Marketing Strategy
- How to Generate Dynamic QR Codes for Your SMS Marketing Strategy
- Dynamic QR Codes: How To Connect Print Ads and Digital Marketing
- How To Increase Retail & Ecommerce Sales With QR Codes
- How to Generate QR Codes for Insurance and Finance Companies
- 5 Ways to Use QR Codes to Promote Finance Apps to Increase Installs, Engagement and Transactions
- How to Generate QR Codes that Open Healthcare Apps and Increase Patient Engagement
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How to Generate a Link to Open a Specific Post in the Facebook App
- Ready for Takeoff: Dynamic App Linking into Marketplace Apps from Social Media
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How Influencers Can Generate LTK RStyle App Deep Links to Open Retail Apps from Social Media
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Snapchat Ads and Stories
- How to Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from YouTube Ads and Videos
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from TikTok Ads and Profiles
- How to Generate Mobile App Links for Instagram Ads, Stories, and Profiles That Directly Open Your App
- How To Generate Links to Open Mobile Apps from Facebook Advertising
- How To Generate App Deep Links To Instagram Posts, Reels, Pictures and Hashtags
- How to Generate App-To-App Deep Links for Instagram Hashtags #hashtagmarketing
- How To Generate a Facebook Deep Link That Opens in the App
- How to Generate a Link to Open the Mercado Libre App from Social Media Apps
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How to Increase Affiliate Sales With App-to-App Deeplinking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- Facebook Advertising for Walmart Marketplace: How To Deep Link from App to App
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- How to Generate a Deeplink to Open the YouTube App from the Instagram App to Increase Subscribers
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- How to Generate YouTube Mobile App Links That Open in the App
- How to Generate App Deep Links that Open Instagram App for iOS and Android