So whether you’re a business owner, influencer, or even an up-and-coming musician with a Facebook business page, it’s crucial that you’re doing everything in your power to get more followers, likes, and comments. After all, the more exposure your page gets, the quicker your brand will grow— ultimately translating into success and more $$$ in your pocket.
Marketers, therefore, have become pretty creative in linking to their brand's Facebook profile from different marketing channels, including email, websites, social advertising, and even QR codes. Another strategy that is hot right now and becoming increasingly important, is placing a link to your Facebook business page in the bio of your other social media profiles— such as Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, or YouTube. This cross-promotion tactic can help synchronize your social media presence, especially when your other profiles have more followers compared to Facebook. If you're not using the right link, however, your efforts might be fruitless.
So let's dig into what could be suppressing your follower growth when linking from one social app to another. After all, it's just a social profile link, right?
But wait— why are your Facebook links, when used on other social platforms not opening the Facebook app? How can you get your Facebook link to open in the app instead of the browser? Talk about a major inconvenience, right? And don’t underestimate the vast numbers of lost likes, followers, engagement, and $$$— all because of this annoying hiccup.
There's actually nothing wrong with the link; it just doesn't have a certain capability needed to open the app. Don’t worry, we have a solution to your problem: Facebook mobile app URLs, aka app deep links. We’re going to show you a step-by-step tutorial on how to generate these custom deep links to use in other social apps, but before we do so, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of what’s going on with your regular Facebook links and what it means for your social media campaign.
Why Are My Facebook Links Not Opening in the App?
So, what’s the issue? Why are these Facebook links just not working as they (presumably) should?
Here’s the thing— this isn’t Facebook’s fault. In fact, this is a common occurrence across nearly every app, and it’s something we know as the 'walled garden.' The walled garden offers the opposite of picturesque tranquility à la roses and other shrubberies— in actuality, it makes most of us want to tear our hair out.
The walled garden refers to the event in which clicking on an (in this case Facebook) link within an app— such as Instagram— does not take you to the Facebook app, and instead sends you to the Facebook login page, and still within the Instagram app. You’re stuck within the “walls” of the host app, which is trying its best to keep you in for as long as it can.
Okay, so what does this ultimately mean for you? It means that anyone interested in visiting your Facebook page and possibly clicking the “like” or “follow” button is most likely to abandon their journey. Think about it— most of us stay logged in to our various social media apps for years before needing to change our passwords or log back in.
A few moments of inconvenience in the go-go-go nature of one’s average day are enough to make a person close out of the app altogether. And as we mentioned before, this ultimately means lost engagement, followers, likes, and revenue over time.
Alright— now we’re going to dive into solving your faulty Facebook link problem with URLgenius' trusted and patented deep links!
How to Increase Engagement With Facebook App Links
The key to connecting all of your followers to your brand on all channels is via Facebook deep links (also known as Facebook app links or Facebook mobile app URLs) and in this particular case, Facebook app deep links. These are special links that have the ability to do app-to-app linking.
When you replace your regular Facebook page link with the URLgenius deep link across all of your social platforms, you'll link to the profile in the Facebook app and securely jump right over that web login.
You are essentially maximizing all potential referral traffic to your Facebook page. This means that more people will be following you, liking and commenting on your posts, actively staying up-to-date on your brand, and solidifying your business.
URLgenius deep links work to get rid of the friction between apps, making it easier for you to smoothly connect all of your social media marketing efforts.
And guess what? It gets better. No SDK or any technical resources needed— our geniuses have simplified the proces down to 1-2-3. Here's how to quickly create a Facebook app deep link for your social campaigns.
Step-by-Step: How To Use the URLgenius Facebook Deep Link Generator
1. Enter the Web URL for your brand's Facebook profile
To generate a Facebook app deep link, you start with the link to your profile. Paste the link into the URLgenius homepage to update the link. You can use your brand's domain for your app deep link, which we recommend.
Notice that you are given the option to customize the end of the URL to align it with your campaign. This will also help you find the link in your list of links in the URLgenius dashboard. For example, here we’ve pasted the link to Zara's Facebook profile. We then went ahead and changed the end of the URL after the backslash to make it align with the campaign.
After that, simply select “Compose” and you'll be taken to the settings page for your app deep link and QR code.
2. Test the behavior of your Facebook app deep link
From the app deep link settings page, you can copy the link to place it in your campaign. First, however, it's a best practice to test the link which you can do by scanning the QR code or clicking the button to email it to yourself.
3. Click “QR Settings” to download a custom Facebook QR code
Need a QR code that opens the Facebook app to your profile? You're in luck! Every URLgenius app deep link also comes with a QR code. Just click “QR Settings” to download and customize the code. You can also change the color, logo density (scanning distance) and more.
4. Facebook app deep link analytics
URLgenius will track app clicks, app-opens, and other information— such as referring URLs and referring apps.
The following chart shows the volume of Instagram app-opens by platform and device. The app-open rate tells you what percentage of people who scanned had the Facebook app installed for iOS and Android.
This chart shows scans by city and separately by language preference. These anonymous insights help you figure out where and how to focus your campaign, both in terms of geography and language.
Create Your Custom Facebook App Link With URLgenius Today
More followers, more engagement, more $$$— need we say more? It’s time to maximize your Facebook advertising efforts with app deep links today.
At URLgenius, we're here to help! Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org about Facebook app deep links and QR codes.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our other popular how-to posts:
- How Influencers and Affiliates Can Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from a Facebook Group
- How to Generate a Link to Open a Specific Post in the Facebook App
- Ready for Takeoff: Dynamic App Linking into Marketplace Apps from Social Media
- How Amazon Live Influencers Generate Links to Open the Amazon App from Social Media
- How To Generate a Snapchat QR Code To Direct To Your Profile in the App
- How To Generate a Dynamic YouTube QR Code To Open in the App
- How To Generate App Deep Links To Instagram Posts, Reels, Pictures and Hashtags
- How to Generate App-To-App Deep Links for Instagram Hashtags #hashtagmarketing
- How To Generate a Facebook Deep Link That Opens in the App
- How to Generate a Link to Open the Mercado Libre App from Social Media Apps
- How Target Plus Marketplace Sellers Can Increase Sales From Social Media with App Deep Links
- Amazon Snapchat Ads: How to Increase Affiliate Sales With App-to-App Deeplinking
- How To Increase Sales as an Amazon Storefront Influencer or Seller With YouTube Deeplinking
- How Amazon Sellers Can Link Facebook Ads to Amazon Products in the App
- Facebook Advertising for Walmart Marketplace: How To Deep Link from App to App
- How to Generate Instagram Mobile App URLs to Open the Amazon App
- How to Generate a Deeplink to Open the YouTube App from the Instagram App to Increase Subscribers
- How to Generate TikTok Mobile App URLs for Amazon Affiliates, Influencers, and Marketers
- TikTok Advertising: Generate a Custom TikTok QR Code for Your Brand
- How To Generate Your Own Instagram QR Code - How to Generate a QR Code To Open the Facebook App To Your Profile
- How to Generate YouTube Mobile App Links That Open in the App
- How to Generate App Deep Links that Open Instagram App for iOS and Android