URLgenius App Store Links for iOS and Android
Promoting an app for iOS or Android is challenging and removing extra steps in the consumer journey is important to maximize app installations. One challenge is creating an efficient path the right app store. A common solution is to create a landing page for the app that includes the iOS and Android app store logos, letting the consumer select the right link for the right store.
URLgenius lets you create one intelligent link that routes traffic to Apple iTunes or Google Play depending on the device clicking the link. URLgenius app store links help you remove a step in the consumer journey by taking your visitors directly to iTunes or Google Play to download your app. This can be incredibly effective in cases where the consumer does not need any additional information about the app prior to visiting the app store.
Desktop users who happen to click your URLgenius app store link are taken to the app’s landing page or fallback URL designated by marketing. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a URLgenius app store link. In this example, we'll use the shopping app for Kohl's department store.
First, consider your fallback URL. Kohl's has a landing page in place which includes links to both app stores:https://www.kohls.com/feature/app.jsp
URLgenius App Store Links Step-by-Step
- Create a URLgenius account: https://app.urlgeni.us/signup
- Login to your account: http://app.urlgeni.us/signin
- Once logged in, you’re ready to create your URLgenius app store link.
- Important: Make sure you login first or your links will not be associated with your account.
- Click the 'App Store' tab to create your app store link.
- From the address bar of your browser, navigate to your app entry in Apple iTunes and then Google Play and copy\paste those links in the fields provided.
- Copy or enter the link to your fallback URL and paste in the field provided.
- In the screenshot below, we are creating a URLgenius app store link to to the Kohl's app for iOS and Android.
- Note: If you only have one app on one platform, paste the fallback URL in the other field. You can always edit routing for the link at a later date.
- Now click the “Compose” button and you will be presented with a 'Copy URL' button.
- Copy the link using the button provided and use it in blog posts and other marketing channels in your effort to promote your app more efficiently.
- You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
- Best Practice: Update your social profile links for for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Yelp, Linkedin, Messenger, Telegram and even Amazon and other shopping apps.'
Where to use your URLgenius App Store Links:
- Place behind the an image on your website.
- Promote URLgenius app store links in blog posts, public relations.
- Promote in social posts including Facebook and Twitter.
- Use in email, display advertising paid search campaigns to efficiently.
Analytics and Attribution for URLgenius App Store Links
You can login to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to copy your app store link again or to access analytics.
Best Practice: append web or channel analytics UTM parameters (Google Analytics, Omniture, Kenshoo etc.) to attribute app store visits to different campaigns and marketing channels. You can also append UTM parameters for the Apple iTunes and Google Play SDKs.
Here is an example chart for daily app store clicks by date range.
- The next chart below shows app store visits by platform and device. Understanding how your traffic is divided between iOS and Android lets you know hot to focus your marketing efforts.
- This is a view of clicks on your URLgenius Instagram hastag deep links by device and by state. These insights can help you focus your campaign geographically
- Keep in mind after a click, there is a one hour delay in reporting.
- We will send you an analytics update monthly when you reach ten clicks or more in a single calendar month.
Need a mobile website banner to promote your app for iOS and Android? URLgenius cross-platform web banners support all browsers in iOS and Android. Contact us to learn more about these and other enterprise features.
Sign-up and Login now and get started.