The Mobile Challenge
- Facebook advertising was implemented during the consumer journey at a point close to conversion.
- The link behind the display ad lead the consumer to the Amazon India site where the visitor would land at a product level page that contained an image, product details, price and a “Buy Now” button.
- Initial results showed a strong click-through rate but extremely low conversion.
The team at Social Lab realized the Amazon product link behind the Facebook ad could not detect or open the Amazon shopping app for Android or iOS. As a result, when shoppers clicked the “Buy Now” button they were brought to the Amazon mobile website. Although shoppers could view and learn about the product, they were required to login to make the purchase. At this point, most shoppers were abandoning their purchase. Most Amazon shoppers in India, however, have installed the Amazon mobile app on their smartphone or tablet where login was typically persistent.
The Social Lab team had a theory. If they could update the Amazon product links in the campaign to detect and open the Amazon shopping app, conversion for the campaign would skyrocket.
Solution Requirements: Mobile App Deep Linking
- Global support for the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android
- Intelligent routing with support for iOS and Android from one campaign link
- A user interface designed with marketers and agencies in mind
- The ability to update, test, and implement Amazon deep links quickly and easily (no SDK)
- Support for appending UTM analytics parameters as the team was using Amazon affiliate tracking to measure revenue and conversion lift
URLgenius Delivers Results
The Social Lab team implemented A/B testing with two ads using typical web URLs and two ads using URLgenius deep links. The URLgenius links immediately and dramatically increased campaign conversion up to 450%.
URLgenius Key Benefits
- SaaS-based, global platform with support for Amazon and other shopping apps
- A simple, easy-to-use interface designed for marketers, campaign managers and agencies
- No SDK required and no technical implementation
- Support for any UTM analytics parameters including the Amazon affiliate program
- The ability to adjust routing to the mobile app vs. mobile website while links are in production.