Yet despite having these automatic routing capabilities, global brands and ecommerce companies often need further deep linking control at the campaign link level to optimize conversion when routing consumers to select campaign content.
Multi-Language Campaign Routing for Apps and Websites
Deep linking platforms like URLgenius allow marketers to route campaign traffic to one international site or to multiple sites and app destinations based on the language preference in the visitor’s browser. Agencies or marketing managers have complete control over routing without the need for costly technical resources.
Platforms like URLgenius can provide marketers with more intelligent campaign links that enable campaign managers to:
- Route to one site or as many language sites as needed from a single link
- Change routing on the fly while campaign links are in production
- Route to mobile apps and\or mobile websites from the same campaign link
- Avoid mobile website logins when app is installed
- Use multi-language deep links in any marketing channel including display ads, paid search, email
- Append UTM parameters for Google Analytics or other web or channel analytics other solutions
1. Select your web URL
In this example, we’ll use a product link on Amazon that is sold in the United States, Canada and Germany:
- Choose a link for default destination for all other languages
- In our example it will be United States English
- Paste the link into the URLgenius home page
- Notice Amazon icon is highlighted
- You can also customize the end of the URL to make it easy to identify the link in reporting
- If you don’t customize end of the link, URLgenius will assign 4 random characters
- You can also append UTM parameters either before or after you create the link
2. Compose the multi-language deep link
- After composing the link, you’ll be brought to the settings page
- From here you can copy the URL for use in your campaign activities
- Download the QR code to use in your offline marketing activities
- First turn on and adjust the multi-language routing
3. Turn on and adjust multi-language routing and app deep linking
- From the settings page, platforms like URLgenius let you turn on multi-language routing at the link level allowing different routing for different campaign links
- In our example, we will enter the routing for the English (United States), English(Canada) and German (Germany)
- You can click any field to enter the routing for that device
- Set the routing for each country including a mobile app address and a web fallback URL
- If there is no mobile app simply leave that field blank
- Enter routing for all four device types
Here’s our multi language deep link for Amazon shopping that routes to a product page for U.S. English, Canadian English and German. To test this link yourself, try it from a mobile device after changing the language setting on your mobile browser.
Testing Multi-Language Campaigns
Platforms like URLgenius typically give marketers free test clicks. Since there is nothing to install and links take minutes to setup, multi-language routing features may it easy for marketers to determine potential return on ad spend before making significant investments. Marketers can test such links in email, display advertising or even a simple Facebook post.
Signup and get your test started!