Why update your Facebook profile link?
Facebook links cannot detect the Facebook mobile app for iOS or Android. When a typical Facebook profile link is clicked from a smartphone or tablet, the visitor is sent to the Facebook mobile website where the user needs to login to either like, follow or comment on the content. Most people abandon at this point which translates to lost followers, likes and engagement.
Facebook Mobile App Deep Linking for iOS and Android
URLgenius lets you to update the link to your Facebook profile so it can open the Facebook mobile app for iOS and Android. When your visitors click on your updated profile link, URLgenius will instantly detect and open the Facebook mobile app for iOS or Android. This makes it easier for your visitors to like and follow your profile or engage with your content. In addition, we'll show you how many times your profile link is opening the Facebook mobile app across platforms and devices.
Facebook Deep Linking Step-by-Step
- Create a URLgenius account. https://app.urlgeni.us/signup
- Login to your URLgenius account: http://app.urlgeni.us/signin
- Once logged in, you're ready to update your Facebook profile link.
- Important: Any links created without logging in first will not be associated with your account.
- Copy your Facebook profile link from the address bar of your web browser and paste it into the box provided. Notice the Facebook icon is highlighted.
- For example, in the screenshot below we are creating a URLgenius link to the Gap’s Facebook profile.
- Optional: You can edit the field that is pre-populated with 4 random characters. Use this field to customize the path to help identify links for different campaigns. For example, you may want to change it to say ‘fall-campaign” or “email-campaign”. In this example we used “gap2017”.
- Now click the “Compose” button and you are presented with a 'Copy URL' button.
- Copy the link using the button provided and paste it behind the Facebook icon in your other marketing channels.
- You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
Where to place your URLgenius deep links for Facebook:
- Use it behind the Facebook icon on your website.
- Place it behind the Facebook icon in your email templates.
- Promote your Facebook URLgenius deep link on other social networks.
- Place behind banners in display advertising that promote your Facebook presence.
- Use in paid search campaigns to promote your Facebook profile.
- Analytics tip: append your preferred web or channel analytics UTM parameters for tracking (Google Analytics, Omniture, Kenshoo etc.)
URLgenius Deeplinking Metrics for Facebook
You can login to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand your progress in promoting your Facebook profile and content.
- Here is an example chart for daily visitors and clicks by date range.
- The next chart below shows app opens by platform.
- The app open rate helps you determine what percentage of your social engagers have the Facebook mobile app installed for iOS and Android.
App store visits indicates people who have shown interest in viewing your profile in the Facebook app but do not have the app installed yet.
This is a view of clicks on your URLgenius Facebook deep link by device and by state.
- Keep in mind after a click, there is a one hour delay in reporting.
- We will send you an automatic analytics update monthly when you have one or more links that reaches ten clicks or more in a single calendar month.
If you found this content helpful, check out some of our other popular how-to posts:
- How to Create Deep Links for Facebook Groups
- How to Create Deep Links for Facebook Events
- How to Create Deep Links for Facebook Reviews.
- How to Make Deep Links for Facebook Videos
- How to Properly Size your App QR Codes to Maximize Scans
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for More YouTube Subscribers
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for More Amazon Sales
- How to Setup Your Domain to Host QR Codes and Deep Links
- How to Create Deep Links and App QR Codes for More Spotify Sales
- How to Make Deep Links and App QR Codes for Instagram Hashtags
- How To Make One Link for iOS and Android App stores to Drive Installs
- How to Create Telegram Deep Links and App QR Codes
- How to Create Instagram Deep Links and App QR Codes
- How to Deep Link into SMS Text Messages on iOS and Android