Social marketers may have a many reasons for wanting to deep link to specific pics in the Instagram app for iOS and Android. There might be certain pictures, for example, that could drive more followers to the brand profile. Time sensitive or historical content could be another reason to link to specific pictures rather than the Instagram profile home page. Whatever your reason, make sure to avoid that Instagram mobile Website login.
Updating Links to Individual Instagram Pics with URLgenius
Links to individual Instagram pics cannot open the Instagram app for iOS or Android. The link will bring your visitor to the Instagram mobile website where the user needs to login to like or engage with the photo. For example, here is a link to a specific picture for the Levi's brand:
Notice the link has '/p/' in the path which means it's an induvidual picture link. Follow these steps to update individual links like this one with URLgenius so it can open the Instagram app directly to that picture.
- Signup to URLgenius at: https://app.urlgeni.us/signup
- Login to your URLgenius account: http://app.urlgeni.us/signin
- Once logged in, you’re ready to update links to individual Instagram images.
- Important: Any links created without logging in first will not be associated with your account.
NAvigate to the specific picture and copy the link from the address bar of your web browser and then paste it into the URLgenius. Notice the Instagram icon is highlighted.
For example, in the screenshot below we are creating a URLgenius Instagram deep link to this specific picture in the Levi's brand account.
- Optional: You can edit the field that is pre-populated with 4 random characters. Use this field to customize the path to help identify your links for different campaigns. For example, you may want to change it to say ‘fall-campaign” or “email-campaign”. In this example we used “levis2017”.
- Now click the “Compose” button and then you will be presented with a 'Copy URL' button.
- Copy the link using the button provided and paste it in any other marketing campaign or cahnnel in your effort to promote your Instagram pics and profile.
- You can return to these settings at anytime to get\copy the link again.
- You can also scan the QR code with your mobile device to test the behavior of the link.
Where to place URLgenius Instagram links to individual pics:
- Behind the images on your website.
- Place behind image in your email campaigns.
- Promote within other social networks such as Twitter.
- Use in display advertising and paid search campaigns to promote specific pitures in your Instagram account.
- Analytics tip: append web or channel analytics UTM parameters for tracking (Google Analytics, Omniture, Kenshoo etc.)
URLgenius Deep Linking Metrics for Instagram
You can login to your URLgenius dashboard at any time to understand how often the link to this pic is opening the Instagram app on iOS and Android.
- Here is a sample chart for daily visitors and clicks by date range.
- The next chart below shows app opens by platform.
- The app open rate helps you determine what percentage of your social engagers have the Instagram mobile app installed for iOS and Android.
- App store visits indicate people who have shown interest in viewing your profile in the Instagram app but do not have the Instagram app installed on their mobile device yet.
- This is a view of clicks on your URLgenius Instagram deep link by device and by state.
- Keep in mind after a click, there is a one hour delay in reporting.
- We automatically send you an analytics update monthly when you reach ten clicks or more in a single calendar month.